Finding your home
So you’re pre-approved and ready for finding your dream home; number 4 in the 8 steps of buying a home. You may have already clicked on communities page and virtually toured through different places in Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts back when we covered step one. There are a lot of homes out there and your Dias Team agent will help you accurately pinpoint homes that fit your criteria.
Let’s start with the important questions to consider:
- What do I want my home to be close to?
- How much space do I need and why?
- Which is more critical: location or size?
- Would I be interested in a fixer-upper?
- How important is home value appreciation?
- Is neighborhood stability a priority?
- Would I be interested in a condo?
- What features and amenities do I want? Which do I really need?
The takeaway is to know thyself! Is that fixer-upper you’re leaning toward going to be something you can handle doing yourself or do you need a contractor to do the work? You’ll learn as you look at homes, your priorities will probably adjust along the way.
Make an offer
Some things to consider when deciding on the best price point are:
- List Price – Start with the price point that the home is listed at. This will give you a base when looking at the home’s value.
- Market Analysis – Your agent will give you an idea of comparable home values in the neighborhood to help you decide if the price point is on par.
- Improvements – Your agent can give you a list of improvements made to the home and help you determine its market value.
Well we’ve covered two important steps in the buying process this week. Here’s a last stop look at a featured listing currently on our properties page before you go.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.